Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ok, Today I bought myself an early Christmas stocking filler. Weather turned a bit miz this afternoon so I took the boys to do a bit of last minute Christmas shopping. I found 2 faux 'pleather' covered small journals for sketching in.












 2 Pleather bound Journals

It is not the best paper for watercolours but I thought I'd like to take the journal and an ink pen to the beach with me and sketch the scenes on the beach. A classic example yesterday was a Jack Russell puppy chasing the shadow of a Frisbee two people were tossing to each other. I didn't even have my camera to capture the moment!

This will also be a wonderful way to record incidences of my holidays!

2 comments:

JANE MINTER said...

...looking forward to seeing all you sketches in the african sunshine debbie ! lovely shot of your boys wishing you and your family a very happy 2010 !

Debbie said...

That is kind of you Jane! I must be perfectly honest, I'm not enjoying the paper of these journals AT all! But then again, its for writers not painters.I'll have to save the books for ink and pencil sketches me thinks!!!!!

Have a great 2010, all the best!